Hosts who have completed six or more NEXT Shabbat meals ("graduated hosts") are now eligible to participate in NEXT’s new NEXT Shabbat Refer-a-Friend pilot. For each referred friend who registers for a NEXT Shabbat meal between 6/21/12 and 7/20/12 and follows through to complete it, the graduate host who referred him/her will receive:
- An additional NEXT Shabbat meal microgrant for $10 per person, for up to 16 people (all other current NEXT Shabbat rules apply).
How it works:
- Graduate hosts encourage their friends to sign up to host their first NEXT Shabbat meal -- registration must occur by 11:59pm EST on 7/20/12, but the meal may take place at any date.
- The referred host registers to host a NEXT Shabbat meal and enters the graduate host’s name in the “Other” field in response to the question “How did you hear about NEXT Shabbat?” in the NEXT Shabbat application.
- The referred host successfully completes his/her meal in accordance with NEXT Shabbat rules and is approved for reimbursement.
- All meals must follow current NEXT Shabbat rules to be eligible. If a referred host’s meal is deemed ineligible, the corresponding graduate host will not receive an additional NEXT Shabbat subsidy.
- Following the referred host's successful completion of his/her meal, NEXT will notify the graduate host that he/she is now eligible to host an addtional meal. The Graduate Host will then provide NEXT with meal details, and will proceed to completing his/her meal in accordance with NEXT Shabbat rules.
- After completing the meal, the graduate host fills out all necessary reimbursement paperwork and submits his/her NEXT Shabbat photos.
- Additionally, the Graduate Host will need to upload his/her NEXT Shabbat photos to the NEXT Shabbat Facebook page or to Instagram or Twitter using the #NEXTShabbat hashtag in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
The following rules apply to receive this special offer:
- Graduate host must have previously hosted 6 or more NEXT Shabbat meals.
- Graduate host can refer multiple Taglit-Birthright Israel alumni in order to be able to host multiple additional meals.
- Referred host must be a Taglit-Birthright Israel alumnus or former bus-staff (madrich or madricha), a legal resident of the United States or Canada, and in compliance with all other NEXT Shabbat eligibility requirements.
- Referred host may not have previously registered for a NEXT Shabbat meal prior to being referred.
- Prior registration and cancellation or prior registration and unsuccessful completion of a NEXT Shabbat meal will result in ineligibility.
- Referred host’s meal must be properly completed by filling out a feedback form (which will automatically be emailed to them on the day after their meal), and must comply with all NEXT Shabbat rules.
- Referred hosts who host a NEXT Shabbat can only be “claimed” by a single graduate host. This is determined based on the graduate host name provided by the referred host during the referred host’s NEXT Shabbat registration process.
Questions? Please let us know! Contact Yishai at Shabbat@birthrightisraelnext.org.